Yard Assistant APPLY NOW
The Yard Assistant is responsible for working as a team member, liaising with various departments to complete day-to-day duties including, greeting customers, answering queries, receiving shipments, preparing orders and deliveries, loading and unloading purchases or returns, etc.
- Greet customers and answer queries. Assist customers with product information and selection.
- Provide information on concrete and aggregate materials.
- Assist customers with calculation of estimates for products required.
- Manually receive shipments, verify counts and complete documentation.
- Liaise with Office on product shortages/damages/back orders.
- Prepare orders, review purchase receipts/documents and load onto vehicles for deliveries.
- Review returns documentation/process before unloading returns.
- Clean, organize and maintain products and displays.
- Liaise with other department as required.
- Participate and ensure Health and Safety compliance.
- Other duties as required.
- Combination of education and experiences.
- Good Numeracy skills. Able to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of concrete and aggregate materials.
- Good organization and communication skills. Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages an asset.
- Forklift license an asset however training will be provided.
- Front end loader experiences and familiar with operation of machinery and safe procedures.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- 1-2 years of General Labour, Garden Centre and Retail experiences.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Flexible availability. Days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Able to lift, bend and twist. Willing to work outdoors, safety boots required.
Lakeside Garden Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. Under AODA, if you require accommodation, please include this in your cover letter.
If you experience issues, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all applications. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
|||10753 Heart Lake Road, Brampton|||||||||.n.Maq~3xL7v-82E|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false