Head Cashier/Front End Supervisor APPLY NOW
Lakeside Garden Gallery is a thriving and growing organization. Established in 1984 in Brampton, we provide superior Garden Centre and Landscape services to our valued customers. We are currently accepting applications for:
Head Cashier/Front End Supervisor
You will be responsible to provide LGG customers with a high level of customer service, in addition to overseeing the Cash Department, validating checks using an electronic scanner and cash register. You will also be responsible for scheduling, supervising and training cashiers to ensure store policies and procedures are maintained. You may be required to balance tills at shift changes and/or end of day, monitoring the store's front-end activities where cashiers are working with respect to loss-prevention and addressing customer concerns in a professional manner. You will also act as a Cashier and perform other duties as required.
- Greet and answer staff and customers' questions
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise
- Compute and record totals of transactions
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Count money in cash drawers at the end of shifts to ensure they balance
- Manage the loyalty program, issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
- Resolve customer complaints
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions
- Manage the telephone system. Provide clerical assistance in the form of typing, filing, etc.
- Store opening and closing procedures
- Other duties as required.
Leadership and Communication
- Lead by example. Participate in the Health and Safety programs
- Liaise with department team leads and management
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately
- Schedule, supervise and train cashiers
- Able to answer telephone and in-person staff and customer inquiries
- Able to speak clearly and provide instructions. Listen to feedback from team members/customers
- Monitor best practices and participate in process improvements.
- Be a role model. Provide full-circle customer assistance in conjunction with Lakeside Garden Gallery Core Values and Customer Service standards, ensuring superior customer services are being delivered consistently
- Arrange for pick-up and delivery for customers as required
- Oversee the store's front-end with respect to loss-prevention
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Assist other department leads when required
- Assist with watering plants, dead-heading. unloading racks, stocking shelves, pricing
- Pro-active participation in LGG’s Health and Safety program. Ensure that department/store is kept clean and safe at all times.
- Cover for emergency absences as required.
Product Knowledge, Merchandising and Continuous Learning
- Merchandising and set up displays. Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items
- Learn department products and services. Willing to cross-train in other departments
- Establish or identify prices of goods and services, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners
- Clean, dust and stock shelves or display
- Remove/update signages as required
- Willing to learn and stay updated with new products and services.
- Previous experiences in a Garden Centre an asset
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or equivalent work experiences
- 3 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Above average oral and written skills
- Able to listen and respond to customers and employees’ inquiries
- Hands on involvement
- Able to work well under pressure
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Flexible availability. days, evenings, weekends including holidays as required.
Lakeside Garden Gallery is an equal opportunity employer. Under AODA, if you require accommodation, please include this in your cover letter. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted|||10753 Heart Lake Road, Brampton|||||||||a4CRP372JJSH~cQ8|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||